If you’re looking for a rewarding career with a company where you are essential to our success, Worthington Industries is for you.
Worthington Industries, located in Monroe, OH, is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our outstanding maintenance department. Candidates for this role must have the ability to troubleshoot mechanical & electrical problems in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. Succesful candidates will be responsible for preventative and mechanical maintenance and must possess basic knowledge of machine repair. The candidate must be a self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met. Additionally, our Maintenance team works a 12 hour shift schedule that rotates between 7:00am to 7:00pm and 7:00pm to 7:00am.
Worthington Industries is dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. We have a strong work place culture and offer a variety of development opportunities that can progress you through all levels of our organization. In filling advanced job openings, every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington Industries, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success.
Worthington Offers You:
- Wage range for this role is $52,000 to $65,000 annual base which consists of 26 annual pay checks, plus four quarterly bonuses.
- Generous benefits package starting on your first day of work. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Health Savings Account with $1,000 annual contribution for single employees and $2,000 annual contribution for employees with families.
- 401k retirement plan with Company contribution and employee match.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Employee development and training.
- Trouble shoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Must be able to work independently; will be responsible for specific or cross-functional tasks, based on equipment
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures
- Sets up, troubleshoots and makes advanced adjustments welding machines as needed to maintain good production and quality
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of weld procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality
- Participate in continuous improvement projects throughout the facility including various automation projects
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed
- Assist others as needed
- Maintain a clean work area
- Complete paperwork as required
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Perform all duties in the spirit of Our Philosophy and in accordance to legal, ethical and contractual practices
- 3+ yrs Industrial Maintenance related experience
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions; weld symbols, and operate required tools involved in position
- Knowledge of AC/DC motor drives, PLC controllers, motor control circuits
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and plumbing code books
- Basic machine repair
- Capable of reading and writing mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints
- Advanced Tool & Die experience
- Knowledge of overhead crane maintenance skills
- Possess good problem solving skills, and safety practices
- Must have a firm understanding of volts and amps and be able to adjust accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to measure, read, write and document work
- Ability to sustain a steady work pace over an entire work day
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish working relationships quickly
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to drive resolution
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities, from thinking broadly to executing detailed tasks
- Proven ability to effectively work in a detailed, fact based environment
- Knowledge of safety protocol such a lock out tag out, confined space and haz-com
- Commitment to personal integrity and integrity of the product(s) and processes
- Customer focused with the ability to function with a high sense of urgency
- Confidence to make decisions and a strong commitment to team success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation, project and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner via formal written and oral means to all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.