As an Electrical Technician at our plant in Monroe, OH, this role completes advanced electrical repairs and assists in the day-to-day mechanical repairs. Must have strong troubleshooting skills and willingness to participate in discussions aimed at identifying the root cause of problems and the countermeasures necessary to reduce the risks associated with repeat failures. This position requires the ability to complete work with little or no direction in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. The role may be asked to perform basic fabrication work. A successful candidate is a self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all maintenance quality levels are met.
Worthington Offers You:
- Wage range for this role is $51,000 to $77,000 annual total compensation, which consists of 26 annual pay checks and four quarterly bonuses.
- Generous benefits package starting on your first day of work. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Health Savings Account with $1,000 annual contribution for single employees and $2,000 annual contribution for employees with families.
- 401k retirement plan with Company contribution and employee match.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Employee development and training.
- Our Maintenance team works a 12-hour shift schedule that rotates between 7:00am to 7:00pm and 7:00pm to 7:00am. We are open to hiring someone interested in only working the 7pm to 7:00am shift if desired.
- Makes advanced repairs and adjustments to electrical devices as well as basic mechanical repairs as necessary.
- Performs advanced preventative maintenance on all machinery as assigned.
- Successfully troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems.
- Accountable for entering data into maintenance system timely and accurately.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Initiates and installs improvement projects.
- Performs basic failure root cause investigation.
- Modifies PLC and HMI programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems.
- Advanced knowledge of AC/DC motor drives, PLC and SLC controllers and motor control circuits
- Should be capable of reading electrical prints
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Basic computer skills.
- Intermediate math skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.