Classroom Technology Coach
The Classroom Technology Coach provides focus on professional learning, professional development, and training necessary to coach and support teachers, staff, parents, and students in the area of technology integration.
- Provide instructional technology coaching to teachers by developing and delivering professional learning, professional development, and training as needed in the area of technology integration.
- Provide training and support to parents and teachers as needed.
- Demonstrate how to use technology as a teaching tool in a variety of curricular areas.
- Provide on-going coaching and support of technology integration to drive student success
- Provide on-going information assistance to faculty in the use of computers, classroom technology equipment, and software packages utilized in classroom setting.
- Work with teachers to design engaging lessons that incorporate technology.
- Provide excellent customer service and user support for desktop and LAN-based applications.
- Assist with equipment setup, configuration, and installation as needed.
- Monitor performance of teachers to ensure they are gaining new technology skills.
- Attend Board and PTO meetings in current and surrounding districts as needed.
- Evaluate and research new technologies for education on on-going basis.
- Document integration activities in an online system.
- Provide excellent customer service.
12 months, Monday-Friday
Varies with client hours; normally one hour prior to start of school day until one hour after end of school day
- Bachelor’s degree in education; master’s preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience teaching experience in a K-12 classroom
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience integrating technology into a classroom
- Strong curriculum design and planning skills
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills will be required
- Proficiency in educational hardware and software
- Evidence of technology integration lesson plans will be required
- Strong belief that technology can be used to enhance the learning experience in the classroom
- Proven track record of early adoption of technology in the classroom
- Experience teaching middle school/high school
Active state teaching license preferred; current state required within 1 year
Platform (Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc.) Educator certification preferred
Professional Educator Certification (Google Trainer, Google Innovator, ISTE, OLC, CoSN, etc.) preferred, not required
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds