Evenflo Company Inc.
Job Title – Assembly Operator
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Status – Hourly - 3rd Shift: Sun-Thurs, 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
Direct Reports: N/A
POSITION SUMMARY: Assembly Operators work as part of an Assembly team, following safety and quality requirements to help achieve daily production requirements in terms of quality and quantity to meet customer expectations and requirements. Assembly Operators are required to complete training and perform multiple operations within the process with some supervision. Examples of assembly operations are material replenishment, operating screw guns and other hand tools, installing belts, buckles and clips and packaging Finished Goods.
Responsibilities for this job include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to safety and quality processes and requirements
- Complete cross-training on multiple operations and ensure proper training sign-off is completed
- Read and adhere to Operator Work Instructions (OWI) for multiple operations and SKU’s
- Read and adhere to Bill of Material (BOM) requirements
- Material replenishment
- Stack goods and materials onto pallets
- Complete daily logs and other data collection requirements
- Proper cleaning and care for workplace equipment and tools and organization of personal workstation.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Previous manufacturing or assembly experience
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, turning, grasping, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, squatting and lifting up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 hours
EEO STATEMENT: It is the policy of Evenflo to select and employ the persons best qualified for all employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Additionally, we will take action to employ, advance in employment, and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.